Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 1: Black & White Mani

I have decided to jump on the bandwagon with Crumpet's 31 day nail challenge. I realize I am behind everyone else, but it looks fun so I want to play too.

Day 1 is a black and white mani, and I've never actually done one of these so I was excited to try it out. I really struggle with leaving out pink and glitter!

I used China Glaze: Liquid Leather for the black and the world's crappiest white polish ever (a very old bottle of some Sally Hansen Nearly Nude: White). On top is Seche Vite. Thank goodness it has the magical ability to hide streaks in the white! Here's my base:



I decided to go with a little bit of everything: some stamping, some fimo canes I would probably never use otherwise, AND some rhinestones! I know it's not perfect (my manis NEVER are), but I am very pleased with the results! As usual my hands are different because I couldn't decide.

The first theme is cards. I was surprised that the set of Bundle Monster plates I have doesn't have a single gambling pattern! I decided fishnet would fit it closely enough.... I had Poker Face stuck in my head while I was doing this hand.


I would never choose to put cards on my fingers, (I'm not much of a card player) but hey, they are black and white! I couldn't resist the urge of just a little bit of red sparkle.

The other hand is heart themed. I struggled with the text stamp (this is the second try showing here). I've used this stamp before and had trouble. I don't know what it is about this design, but I love it anyway!




Very exciting! I might even keep these for more than a day! I keep looking at them and getting all excited so I know they're a win. :)


Happy Painting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Information

My photo
If you have any advice, ideas, questions, or requests, please feel free to contact me at lisa.blocher@gmail.com.