Thursday, January 17, 2013

China Glaze "Wicked" 2012

The reason I started doing my own nails was to SAVE money. I was tired of having to go to the salon every few weeks to drop at least $40, just so that my hands wouldn't look they had gone through a shredder. (I am terrible about picking at my cuticles if my nails aren't done!)

That was $40-$50 every 3 weeks, on average. Now that I paint my own nails, I spend about $30 a week on nail polish! I am not saving money! It is way more fun, though. :)

Most recently I purchased a small set of China Glaze polishes called "Wicked." It's from Halloween 2012 and has four colors in it:
Rougish Red, Glitter Goblin, Bizarre Blurple, Ghoulish Glow 

These all go on very nicely with no problems. It is China Glaze, after all. :) I had a white base on underneath all of the polishes today.

We'll start with the glitter. "Glitter Goblin" is a coppery glitter that reminds me of fall leaves. It is small, round cut, and set in a clear base, with copper and silver rainbow holo glitters. It goes on pretty sparsely with only one coat, so you'll need several if you want it opaque.



Formula Overview
  • True to color on the bottle.
  • This glitter can go from sparse to opaque, depending on number of coats. Great for Fall! 
  • I would not stamp with this, but as usual, if you do something neat please show me.
  • It would go nicely over warm colors (such as the included "Roguish Red").

"Roguish Red" is not really red at all, in my opinion. It is the perfect Halloween orange, though! It looks like the color you picture when you think of orange and black together for the holiday. 

Orange is one of my least favorite colors, (red is my least favorite) so this automatically takes a hit. Not fair, but that's just the way it is for me. I will probably only wear this if I'm excited about Fall, or around Halloween.


Two coats each, over a white base.


Formula Overview:
  • True to color on the bottle. 1-2 coats, depending on color desired.
  • Thick enough to stamp with.
  • Definitely more of an orange than a red!
  • Very creamy and glossy. No shimmer.


The purple color is called "Bizarre Blurple." It is a deep purple with blue shimmer, as it should be for the name. It shines nicely and has a lovely sheen to it. It is a common but very pretty color, and I will definitely wear it. It would be fun to gradient with, I think, and is great for colder months. It's nothing special, but a good staple to have.




Formula Overview:
  • True to color on the bottle. 1-2 coats, depending on color desired.
  • Thick enough to stamp with.
  • Lovely shimmer and shine, even without topcoat.
  • A good, solid purple. 



The lightest bottle is a glow-in-the-dark polish called "Ghoulish Glow." It goes on pretty much clear (it is over a white base in the picture). It glows really well, actually! I tried to get a picture for you, but it just wasn't working out. I need to work on my picture-taking skills...! If I had a more active night life, I would probably REALLY like this, because it's fun without ruining the color you have underneath. I'm pretty much a homebody with an early bedtime, so this won't see much use. 



Formula Overview:
  • Clear, or very close to it. It seemed to dry clear.
  • IF you're in the market for a glow-in-the-dark polish, this is a good one. Big IF, though.
  • You could stamp with this, but you'd only see the design at night. (That could be really cool, actually.)
  • It glows a plastic-y yellow/green, like those Halloween skeleton toys or spider rings.

Happy Painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Information

My photo
If you have any advice, ideas, questions, or requests, please feel free to contact me at lisa.blocher@gmail.com.