Wednesday, January 16, 2013

China Glaze: Velvet Bow

I love China Glaze.

Velvet Bow is one of the darker colors from their most recent Holiday collection. It is a very deep red/maroon color in the bottle. Once on your nails however, it is EXACTLY the same color as the velvet bows all over the place at Christmas time! I mean exactly!


As usual with China Glaze, good application means one coat. This is a thick, creamy polish with no glitter or shimmer, and very high gloss. I can see my face pretty clearly in my nails. While this is technically a jelly polish, one coat was pretty much opaque. It's actually really interesting because each coat gives you a deeper red, but they're all the colors of velvet bows. I settled with three coats, which turned into a very nice burgundy, and reminded me of wine, or dark wood. Expensive things.


One coat in the sun!


This is a very "grown up" color. It reminds me of something a woman would wear on an expensive date, or maybe a normal rotation for you vampier ladies. I don't usually wear a lot of red, but I think I will wear this because it is not as bright or "hot." This color also seems like the nail polish vampires would wear. You know, when they cycle out the black.
As usual with MY manicures, I need two or more coats. :)


It's a dark color, so without adequate prepping (petroleum jelly) you may find yourself having to do a bit of clean up.

I could see this being a popular color in the Fall and Winter, because it is dark and reminds me of blood or Christmas bows. Haha!

Formula Overview:

  • This would be great to stamp with. Hmm...
  • Creamy "jelly" polish; no glitter.
  • High gloss.
  • One coat is possible, depending on what color you want to achieve.
  • Great for colder months and toenails!


Okay so after I was done writing this up, I decided to do some stamping. This is Liquid Leather over Velvet Bow, with Seche Vite topcoat. I used a Bundle Monster plate; one with fishnet and one with lips (not pictured).



Happy Painting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Information

My photo
If you have any advice, ideas, questions, or requests, please feel free to contact me at lisa.blocher@gmail.com.